Illinois Legislative Black Caucus Foundation Scholarship
2014 – Undergraduate Scholarship Application (One-time award)
Deadline: April 30, 2014
I wanted to make you aware of a scholarship opportunity available for undergraduate students coming from the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus Foundation. Applicants should be an accepted student at an accredited institution of higher learning to include community colleges, private institutions and certified vocational training programs.
ILBC Members (and their *immediate relatives), ILBC employees (and their *immediate relatives), and ILBC Foundation members (and their *immediate relatives) are ineligible for the scholarship program.
How to Apply:
Contact the ILBC Foundation office at 217/544-0444. You can also write to the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee, P.O. Box 12104, Springfield, IL 62791 to request an application.
All applicants must:
- Be an Illinois resident
- Complete the ILBCF Undergraduate Scholarship Application
- Submit verification of college enrollment or letter of acceptance
- Write a personal statement (500 words or less) describing interest,
involvement in community and public service, hobbies, talents, sports, school activities. The statement should address future academic and professional career plans and may highlight any personal challenge(s) applicant has overcome
- Submit high school transcript (if in college, current transcript)
- Submit two letters of recommendation from persons other than
- Submit a recent photograph of himself/herself
- Provide proof of voter registration if 18 years of age or older
- Deadline/postmark to forward application and all supporting
materials is April 30 (no exceptions)
Any supporting material not submitted along with application will render application incomplete & unqualified.
Application Deadline: All applications must be postmarked no later than April 30th (no exceptions allowed). Please take note that only applicants chosen to receive an award will be notified by letter. This is a one-time award.
The application can be found here.
The application should be submitted to:
Illinois Legislative Black Caucus Scholarship Foundation Selection Committee
P.O. Box 12104
Springfield, IL 62791
*Immediate relatives: mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter